Updated September 2018
What information do we collect?
We may collect data that alone or together with other data would reasonably allow us to determine the identity of a specific person (“Personal Information”). We may also collect data that, standing alone, tells us something about a person but does not reasonably allow us to identify a specific person (“Non-Identifiable Information”). We also may gather and store site-visitation data. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. The term “information” includes all of the above data.
How do we collect the information?
We use different methods to collect information, including:
- When you provide information directly to us;
- When you use our services; and
- When third parties share information with us.
How will we use the information we collect?
We solely determine our purposes for collecting your information. Some of these purposes may include:
- Improving, debugging, and maintaining our products and services;
- Studying and personalizing user experiences;
- Fulfilling legal requirements;
- Conducting business analysis and research;
- Conducting marketing campaigns;
- Addressing fraud, security, or technical issues;
- Personalizing your updates, upgrades, enhancements, and other relevant offers; and
- Otherwise managing our business.
We also may use your Personal Information to:
- Process payments for services;
- Enroll you in select discounts, rebates, promotions, or other programs; and
- Transfer to a buyer or other successor in the event of a corporate sale, merger, or similar event.
We reserve the right to use any student’s image or likeness, as well as any content your student may produce, whether through photographs, adaptations, displays, exhibits, or otherwise, in all markets, media, or technology now or later known. Any image or likeness will be used solely for the promotion, marketing, public education, and fundraising activities of Skill Struck, LLC, and will not include the name of any individuals therein unless otherwise agreed in writing by you. Neither you nor your child will receive any compensation for the use.
With whom do we share the information?
We may share your information with:
- Government bodies or law enforcement agencies to comply with a court order or other legal process;
- Third parties to enforce or defend our legal rights, including our terms and conditions, and investigate violations thereof;
- Third-party purchasers or sellers; and
- Any other persons or entities as otherwise provided for by law.
If we share your Personal Information with third-party purchasers or sellers, we will first anonymize your Personal Information.
How do we protect the information?
While we at our sole discretion may choose to maintain methods to secure your information, we do not guarantee that your Personal Information, Non-Identifiable Information, or other data or communications will be secure. You are solely responsible for carefully handling and disclosing your Personal Information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for more information.
We also do not guarantee that any third-party services you may access from our services provide safeguards to your privacy. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of the third-party products and services you use.
What else should I know?
Your choices about how we use or collect your information. You can always choose not to provide us with certain information, but not providing that information may result in you being unable to use or purchase our services. If you have provided certain Personal Information to us, such as addresses, credit card numbers, or phone numbers, you may review and update this information at any time by going to your account settings page.
You may control information collected by cookies by updating your browser settings. If you do so, some of our services may not function properly. We may choose not to recognize or respond to any Do Not Track signals.
You may opt out from receiving commercial or promotional emails from us either by visiting your account settings page or by clicking the opt-out link in the emails we send you.
You can choose to opt out of certain data collections and usage:
- To opt out of cookies that may be set by third-party data or advertising partners, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- To opt out of our data collection for targeted advertising, click here. You must opt out separately on all devices you use. Later deleting your cookies may require you to go through the opt-out process again.
- To opt out of third-party mobile application ad tracking and analytics, click here.
Retention: After we deem your information no longer relevant to our purposes, we will take steps to have it deleted, aggregated, or made anonymous.